PHP Web Developer
This position is an in-house role in Nanaimo, BC. We will not be considering remote or outside candidates. We are looking for a Web Application Developer to help with front-end and back-end coding for new and existing Wordpress websites. You will be working with our senior developer to launch new features on client websites. There is a lot of interaction with clients, so we expect that you can conduct yourself as a professional. This position requires Canadian Citizenship.
- 6 month contract, full time hours. Potential for permanent position.
- HTML5, CSS3, and SASS.
- PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.6 for building custom applications.
- Experience with GIT for versioning files and working with a team.
- Experience with linux command line for basic operations.
- Basic understanding of WCAG 2.1.
- Some experience with Apache and web server administration.
- A computer you can bring to our office (computer allowance will be provided).
- Applicants must be in the Nanaimo area and work from our office.
Nice to have:
- Experience building quality custom plugins and themes for Wordpress.
- Tech support experience
- Up-to-date SEO skills
- Experience with Cloudflare
- A relaxed work environment in downtown Nanaimo’s Old City Quarter
- Flexible work hours